What is it:
Grant from $1,000 to $5000, additional grant up to $5,000 for loss of perishable items
There will be additional support grants considered in February.
To be eligible businesses must:
- be able to demonstrate a minimum of 30% reduction in turnover when comparing 15 December – 14 January 2022, with the same period in 2021,
- The downturn may be caused by a loss of staff due to COVID-19 exposure that has affected the business’s ability to operate, or loss of business due to significantly lower than usual customer demand.
- have a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- a completed risk assessment in place and, where required, a COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Management Plan, and
- have been using the Check in Tas app
How to apply:
Guidelines will be available on 17 January 2022 and the program will open at 2pm on 19 January 2022. All of this information will be published on the Business Tasmania website
What you can do today:
If you are using accounting software get all of your book keeping up to date.
Ensure your bank accounts are reconciled to the 14th January 2022.
Ensure that your accounts receivable is accurate as of the 22nd January 2022.
If you do not use accounting software – get a copy of your bank statements from 15th December 2020 to the 14th January 2021 as well as from 15th December 2021 to 14th January 2022. Tally up the sales deposited in both set of bank statements.